We have even more benefits that may meet individuals' needs and desires at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, including:
- The Adoption Assistance benefit provides reimbursement of eligible adoption expenses after your adopted child is placed in your home.
- Full-time and part-time employees, working at least 32 hours per two-week pay period, are eligible for this benefit effective 90 days after the hire date.
- The amount of reimbursement varies by employment status:
- full-time employees are eligible for up to $5,000
- part-time employees are eligible for up to $2,500
- Employees who are primary caregivers may use Extended Illness Time (EIT) during the period of time immediately following the child's placement.
Backup Care Options
- Backup Care Options provides backup adult or child care when you need to get to work and there is a breakdown in your normal caregiver arrangement.
- Full- and part-time employees, working at least 32 hours per pay period, are eligible to use Backup Care Options effective the date of hire.
- Employees pay an affordable co-pay depending on the type of care:
- $2 per hour per child for center-based care
- $4 per hour for up to three dependents in home care
- All employees are eligible for a discount on Children's Mercy medical services effective the date of hire.
- The discount equals the lesser of 20% of the total charges or the balance due after payment by health care coverage.
On-Site Childcare Center
- The Hospital Hill Learning Center is available to all employees to provide care for their children ages 6 weeks to 12 years.
- Care is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The center is located across the street from Children's Mercy downtown location at the corner of Holmes and 22nd streets.
- Tuition may be paid pre-tax via payroll deduction.
- Full- and part-time employees are eligible for tuition assistance effective 90 days after the hire date.
- The maximum benefit varies based on employment status:
- full-time employees are eligible for up to $3,000 each 12-month period
- part-time employees are eligible for up to $1,500 each 12-month period
- Most schools bill Children's Mercy directly, so you won't have to pre-pay and be reimbursed.
- Funds may be used to pay tuition and fees
Children's Mercy also offers the following benefits:
- Employee Service Awards
- Free parking and shuttle bus service
- Payroll deduction for the Missouri Saving for Tuition (MO$T) Program
- On-site cafeteria
- Purchase of cafeteria, snack shop, and gift shop items via payroll deduction
- Recreation activities
- Worker's compensation
- And more!