Employee Benefits Health Care Plans
The Children's Mercy Take CARE plan provides employees with a variety of health care plan benefits and choices.
- Full- and part-time employees working at least 30 hours per week are eligible to participate in the following Take CARE benefit plans.
- Coverage is effective the first of the month on or following 30 days from the date of hire.
- Children's Mercy contributes to the cost of medical and dental coverage for full- and part-time employees scheduled to work a minimum of 48 hours per pay period.
- The medical, dental and vision plans offer four coverage tiers, including: employee only, employee + spouse/domestic partner, employee + child(ren) and family.
- Eligible dependents include your spouse, domestic partner and children up to age 26. Dependent verification is required.
Take CARE health care benefits include:
- Children's Mercy provides two account-based medical plan options.
- All medical plans provide comprehensive coverage, are designed to promote your wellness, and let you take control of your health care by giving you choices to manage the way you spend health care dollars.
Prescription Drug Coverage
- Children's Mercy automatically provides comprehensive prescription drug coverage when you enroll in a medical plan.
- All medical plans offer the same prescription drug coverage.
- You must enroll in a medical plan to have prescription drug coverage.
- Children's Mercy offers two vision plan options.
- The two plans differ in services, but both will cover an annual eye exam with an in-network provider and for a $15 co-pay.
- The additional benefit is to reduce your out-of-pocket costs for lenses, frames or contacts.
- Children's Mercy offers three dental plan choices.
- The three plans differ in the services they cover.
- All three plans provide coverage for preventive (cleanings and x-rays every six months) and basic services (fillings, tooth extraction, root canals and most gum-related work) to help you identify dental issues before they become larger health problems.
- Major services (including crowns, bridges and dentures) are covered in two of the plans; orthodontia is covered in one of the plans.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Children's Mercy offers two FSA plans, including the Health Care FSA and the Dependent Day Care FSA.
- FSAs enhance your financial wellness by saving you money; they allow you to set aside money from your paycheck pre-tax to pay for eligible health or dependent day care expenses.
- The Health Care FSA reimburses you for eligible out-of-pocket health care expenses typically not covered by the health plans.
- The Dependent Day Care FSA reimburses you for eligible dependent care expenses.
Employee Assistance Program
- Children's Mercy's Employee Assistance Program provides no-cost, confidential assessment, short-term counseling and referral information on a variety of topics, including: workplace conflicts, interpersonal difficulties, marriage conflicts, family problems, stress, financial struggles, alcohol and drug abuse problems, and more.