Employee Benefits Health Care Plans
The Children's Mercy Take CARE
plan provides employees with a variety of health care plan benefits
- Full- and part-time employees working at least 32 hours per
week are eligible to participate in the following Take CARE benefit
- Coverage is effective the first of the month on or following 30
days from the date of hire.
- Children's Mercy contributes to the cost of medical and dental
coverage for full- and part-time employees scheduled to work a
minimum of 48 hours per pay period.
- The medical, dental and vision plans offer four coverage
levels, including: employee only, employee + spouse/domestic
partner, employee + child(ren) and family.
- Eligible dependents include your spouse, same or opposite sex
domestic partner and children up to age 26. Dependent verification
Take CARE health care benefits include:
- Children's Mercy provides three account-based medical plan
- All medical plans provide comprehensive coverage, are designed
to promote your wellness, and let you take control of your health
care by giving you choices to manage the way you spend health care
Prescription Drug Coverage
- Children's Mercy automatically provides comprehensive
prescription drug coverage when you enroll in a medical plan.
- All medical plans offer the same prescription drug
- You must enroll in a medical plan to have prescription drug
- Children's Mercy automatically provides basic vision coverage
when you enroll in a medical plan. With this coverage, you pay only
a $15 co-pay to receive an annual eye exam with an in-network
- A voluntary vision plan is available to supplement basic vision
coverage; this plan reduces your out-of-pocket costs for lenses,
frames or contacts.
- Children's Mercy offers three dental plan choices.
- The three plans differ in the services they cover.
- All three plans provide coverage for preventive (cleanings and
x-rays every six months) and basic services (fillings, tooth
extraction, root canals and most gum-related work) to help you
identify dental issues before they become larger health
- Major services (including crowns, bridges and dentures) are
covered in two of the plans; orthodontia is covered in one of the
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Children's Mercy offers two FSA plans, including the Health
Care FSA and the Dependent Care FSA.
- FSAs enhance your financial wellness by saving you money; they
allow you to set aside money from your paycheck pre-tax to pay for
eligible health or dependent care expenses.
- The Health Care FSA reimburses you for eligible out-of-pocket
health care expenses not covered by the health plans.
- The Dependent Care FSA reimburses you for eligible dependent
Employee Assistance Program
- Children's Mercy's Employee Assistance Program provides
no-cost, confidential assessment, short-term counseling and
referral information on a variety of topics, including: workplace
conflicts, interpersonal difficulties, marriage conflicts, family
problems, stress, financial struggles, alcohol and drug abuse
problems, and more.