Started in January 2003, the Family Advisory Board (FAB) has 21 families who are primary caregivers of a child who has been cared for at Children's Mercy Kansas City.
FAB meets on the first Tuesday of every month and reports to the Children's Mercy Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
Goals of the Family Advisory Board
- Support the mission of Children's Mercy Kansas City
- Promote a relationship in which family members and professionals work together to ensure the best services to children and families
- Facilitate open communication for families
- Respect confidentiality
- Maintain realistic expectations
- Work to enhance the Children's Mercy experience for all children and professionals